If there’s one thing we all seem to share in common, it’s that we love clothes that have a uniquely personal touch.
It isn’t difficult to see why, either. Donning custom fashion can provide us with a powerful confidence boost, allowing us to show the world what makes us unique. It can also provide us with a means of showing our support for a worthy cause such as a nonprofit.
Beyond that, as Forbes Magazine notes, we’ve grown used to extensive personalization in every other arena of our lives. Everything is curated, from our search results to our Netflix queue. Why not personalize our clothes, too?
It wouldn’t do to settle for low-quality, budget-brand apparel as a foundation for that personal touch, though. That’s exactly why BlueCotton works with a wide selection of trusted brands for clothing and accessories. We’ll walk you through how to find one that’s a perfect fit for you.
Step One: Selecting Your Apparel
We want to make sure that our customers have plenty of choices, which is why we offer an incredibly diverse selection of brands, including:
- Fruit of the Loom
- American Apparel
- Port & Company
- Under Armor
- Eddie Bauer
- The North Face
- Independent Trading Company
Our clothing, which ranges from shirts to sweats to outerwear, is available in a wide variety of different colors, sizes, and styles. We offer more than clothing, too. Within our shop, you’ll find custom backpacks, duffel bags, tote bags, face masks, hats, and more.
Choose whichever fit you feel will be the most comfortable, select your color and size, and then make sure you’ve selected the right material. In most cases, this will primarily be a matter of comfort. However, if you’re planning to do custom embroidery, you’ll want to take a few extra things into consideration.
Step Two: Brainstorming Your Design
Once you’ve figured out what sort of clothing or accessory you want to customize, it’s time to figure out how to make it speak uniquely to you.
If you’re unfamiliar with graphic design, don’t worry. It’s not terribly difficult to gain a passing understanding of the basics, which you can read about briefly here. We’ve also published a more comprehensive guide to graphic design as it applies to apparel.
You may not be able to sell any commissions with that knowledge, but you’ll at least know how to put together a decent-looking graphic.
Of course, even knowing the basics of graphic design, you still need to find inspiration for a design. Maybe you planned ahead, and you’ve already got an idea buzzing around in your head. If not, here are a few things you can do to seek out your creative spark:
- Think about your favorite media and the types of visuals commonly associated with that.
- Ask friends and family for their opinion.
- Have a look through a site like Etsy, and see what custom designs are listed there.
- Spend some time on Deviantart or Tumblr to see if you can find anything you like. One warning, though: don’t use someone’s art without their permission.
Step Three: The BlueCotton Design Studio
Now for the fun part. You’ve planned out your design and found a base. It’s time to open our award-winning Design Studio and get to work. Here are a few brief guidelines, and you can click here for an overview of what that process might look like for a T-shirt:
- If you haven’t already selected your shirt, you can customize everything from type to size to style and color before getting started.
- When you’ve finalized your shirt, you can apply custom text via the sidebar on the left.
- The sidebar also allows you to customize the font, color, size, and effects.
- You can also add clipart, upload custom art, or create custom shapes.
- There are also a ton of decorative elements you can apply, such as a distressed effect.
- If you want to create multiple shirts, you can add custom names and numbers to each.
Step Four: Finalizing Your Order
Once you’ve finished creating your design, there’s only one thing left to do. Finalize your order, make your purchase, and then we’ll get to work printing it for you. We’ll make it our priority to get you your purchase as fast as possible — and you can start showing off your unique personality that much sooner.